Following the orthopaedic evaluation, the orthopaedic surgeon will review and discuss the results with you
Based on his or her diagnosis, your treatment options may include:
Another type of medication prescribed to reduce severe pain and swelling are corticosteroids. Corticosteroid injections offer quick, effective pain relief. However, they can be used only a few times a year because they weaken bone and cartilage. Also, corticosteroids can cause other potentially serious side effects; therefore, their use must be monitored by a physician.
- Isometric (“pushing”) exercises to help build muscle strength without subjecting inflamed joints to excessive wear
- Isotonic (“pulling”) exercises to further increase muscle strength and help preserve function
- Daily walking, using a cane or other assistive device as needed
- Functional limitations restrict not only work and recreation, but also the ordinary activities of daily living
- Pain is not relieved by more conservative methods of treatment, such as those described above, by the use of a cane, and by restricting activities
- Stiffness in the joint is significant
- X-rays show advanced arthritis or other problems
There is an increase in patients suffering from joint pain and this number is expected to increase substantially in the next two decades.
Introducing LIPOGEMS® an award-winning new technology offering minimally invasive options for patients in the office or with surgery (if needed). LIPOGEMS is an innovative and next generation adipose tissue technology that is used to harvest, concentrate, and transfer a patient’s own fat for the repair, reconstruction, and replacement of injured or damaged tissue.
Adipose tissue, commonly known as fat, has many natural reparative characteristics that help to promote a healing environment throughout the body. There is documentation describing the use of fat to accelerate the healing of soldiers’ battle wounds as far back as World War I.
Carpal Tunnel – Signs, Symptoms, Treatment
You know when you get a stuffed-up nose, how you can breathe but just barely? The same principle can be used for the tunnel in the human wrist, the Carpal tunnel.
When you make a doctor’s appointment, will you see the doctor?
Today you’ll most likely encounter a wide range of healthcare degrees: D.O., P.A., N.P or R.N to name a few. Which one is best for you?