Treat Chronic Tendon Pain by Targeting the Source!
The TenJet® system is a device which allows the surgeon to perform a minimally invasive procedure to target the source of chronic tendon pain – the damaged and diseased tendon. This technology uses a special two channel needle engineered to deliver a controlled supersonic stream of saline (sterile water) to break up and remove the damaged tissue while leaving the healthy tissue behind.
It’s basically like power washing the tendon!
The TenJet system is a percutaneous treatment, meaning that it’s performed through a nearly imperceptible incision in the skin and is performed in an outpatient setting in the SurgCenter of Bel Air using only local anesthesia with conscious sedation. The treatment only takes a few minutes and it provides many of the benefits of traditional open or arthroscopic debridement but with a faster recovery.
Features & Benefits of TenJet
- Minimally invasive method to treat the source of chronic tendon pain.
- Performed in an outpatient setting under a local anesthetic
- No stitches necessary.
- Covered by insurance providers.
- Proven & effective technology used for over fifteen years.
Candidates that would benefit from TenJet are individuals that are suffering from chronic pain associated with:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinitis/Tendinosis
- Patellar & Quadriceps Tendinitis/Tendinosis
- Calcific Tendinitis
- Tennis & Golfer’s Elbow
- Hip Pain due to Gluteus Medius Tendinitis & Bursitis
- Chronic tendon pain in your shoulder, elbow, knee, or foot
- Tendon or muscle pain and discomfort that has been present for more than three months
- Pain that is not relieved by activity modification, physical therapy, NSAID’s or injections
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you may have chronic tendonitis. Make an appointment today to see if you’re a candidate for the TenJet procedure!